• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 103
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit + LotR] Picking Up Strays  (Read 5031 times)

Kophas

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Blue
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Picking Up Strays
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
KOPHAS

Dwarf - 80
[/size][/color]

Kophas is the third son, fourth child (just about) of Anlaf and Liv. He is a falconer and hunter of Ered Luin and usually comes (at least in years close to the Quest) accompanied by Eir, a large and rather over-friendly hawk that starts conversations like nothing else.

Although sometimes quiet he isn't shy. Laid back, calm and with a sarcastic retort for every situation (regardless of whether or not it's needed), Koph generally gets on well with people - though he isn't as outgoing as his identical twin, Cephas. He trusts some people far too much and others far too little and has a soft spot for strays of any species. Although he mainly stays around the Blue Mountains, he has been on trips further out into Middle Earth. He excels at getting around in the forest and is surprisingly good, for a dwarf, at sneaking up on people.

Koph has a wide circle of acquaintances but far fewer friends. Chances are if you're a dwarf and in Ered Luin, you have a good chance of meeting him. Although he can be hard to get to know, once he decides he likes you you have a friend for life. Being nice to Eir is a good start.

Enemies are also rare, unless you're an Orc/Warg/Dragon/other thing that dwarves don't get on well with. He isn't particularly prejudiced against Elves. Yet. Also, anyone who treats anyone or anything alive badly will not receive a warm greeting.

So, yeah. Kophas is open for plotting. I owe about four replies and a starter and then I can get on to getting him up and running.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:03:45 PM by Ulmo »

(#384450)

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
You know, I'd say I'm getting tired of the free-for-all that happens with siblings plotters and my dwarves but...

*Fritz jumps up and down waving his arm* "Mention mine first! Mention mine first!"

Will you please! Ahem, anyway...and Fritz just for that your sister's going first!

Kophas & Dagmar:

-I believe something was at one time said about skipping boring parties? *Dags nods her total and complete agreement with this idea* So...I shall try to think up a very boring party, and...um, well they are escaping that? Either they are both drug there and escape or Ko comes to get her from something Liv scheduled up? Something boring, with maidens being proper and which he would know she would hate and she shall be grateful of his either breaking it up with animals or just stealing her off :D

-Any number of ideas and fodder to be had with the strays coming in!  For Dwarfling threads or just in general. Wow, strays and paints... *sees an incident with a bird cage and the walls just coated to Liv's horror* Hehe, or anything really!

-Bright pink kitty footprints, Dags helping hide strays as I said she would.

Kophas & Fritz:

-There's options for anything here too, methinks, but Dwarfling stuff comes up first. Really a mental image of baby Fritz toddling after Koph is what came first :D As we said, Kophas not being a bad influence, but Fritz being drug along into whatever's hitting him at the time or such. Like...the toddler riding one of the dogs that comes into the household :D Anything!

-Keeping the 12 (4) year old quiet about strays.

-Bird...chaos *goes to double check at what age Kophas started taking in birds to see if wee Fritz fending off an angry bird with a toy hammer is an option*

These are just the first things to come to my mind, I'll keep pondering too though! Like, ideas for Fritz aside from dwarfling...um...

(yellow)

Kophas

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
XD Oh, Fritz.

Dagmar

Ko will happily come and drag her out XD He wouldn't inflict most animals with the horror of stuffy dwarf maidens, but he'll probably bring Eir and that's at least a little bit of chaos.

Ko is doing this unhappy <_< face at the thought of painting animals... But if Dags does it without his knowledge there's not much he can do. But yes, strays are a must. Dwarflings are also a must. Everything. Everything must.

Fritz

Oooh, idea! See when Andi's sick? No, wait, he wouldn't be old enough... Okay, at some point someone is either sad or sick and Ko takes Fritz out to look for a pet to cheer them up. Or a 'this is a tree, and this is how we climb trees, don't tell Mama' thread. Where one or the other of them runs into gravity and they have to limp home sheepishly.

I think we might need a whole-family thread as they try and coordinate to keep a litter of kittens out of Liv's sight. Kittens because they're smaller than pups and thus easier to hide.

Ko is completely DX at the thought of Fritz attacking birds. 'NO! HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING?! Give me the hammer NOW and leave her 'lone!' XD

(#384450)

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
*Einar stands by and watches his siblings with a smirk*

YAY KOPHAS!

I am very excited for him and even the whole family! YAY!

Einar & Kophas

Let see, what kind of trouble come come about these too. I can see Kophas teaching Einar something about falconery. He would know some of it, but maybe when Ko is getting younger and chooses to become a falconer.  Maybe Einar is sticking up from Ko in a sitation, since Ko has a tendacy to be more trusting then he should be? Also you mentioned something about someone being sick and Fritz and Ko bring him animals. Just throwing that out there.

Sadly, this is all I got lol!

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 11:36:00 PM »
Kophas & Dagmar:

Hehe, well Eir would be enough I think, trying to make friends with the stuffy ladies no doubt *Dags smiles too a tad guiltily just thinking about it*. Daw but she'd defend him "No, he's really harmless and friendly, just stop yelling and he'll calm down I promise!". If she stayed long enough to get that out.

Hehe, no, she wouldn't paint the actual animals...intentionally...but yes, strays and even family hiding strays threads!

So...should I maybe start up the party thread whenever you feel like? I can if we want.

Kophas & Fritz:

Yeah he's a little baby of 3 when Andi's sick :) but I like the idea even if we use it later on. Hmm...so if Fritz is 11 (4) then Kophas would be 31 (10) that could work for young enough to be pet seeking and for Fritz to accurately pick something yet be adorably chaotic about it <3

Hmm...now what is he needing cheering up from...maybe he did something and is in time out (but then he can't go anywhere unless they break the rules :D).

Or, yeah, Fritz is all concerned about someone else being sick or sad so Ko takes him animal shopping for cheer up! As to what that could be...well if 'Nar's volunteering :) or...

Hmm, did Einar and Andar take off somewhere and little brother can't go but Ko and even Cey are still there and hence the cheering up trip? *is grasping straws a bit now*

Oh but yes yes to tree climbing idea! Around that time or even a few years before when he's around 9 (3) for more tumbling and falling!

Oh, and Fritz contends that the bird was "being all scary" and he's "'fending himself!" XD

(yellow)

Kophas

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Did I never reply to this?! Sorry!

Einar

Hmm, could work... I don't know, I kinda liked the idea of falconry being something he got into by himself. Maybe after he starts? Or maybe just a general brotherly hunting trip?

... and Fritz. Ooh, if Einar is volunteering to be sick, that'd work! Timing sounds good, Gard... Shall we just go with Einar being sick and Ko taking Frizz (He CAN have a nickname! Ignore me.) out to look for a cheering-up pet? I'll ask Simba if Cey wants to come too.

In faaact... This could be the start of a 'quick, hide them from parents' plot. They find a litter of kittens and take them home to cheer up Einar. Einar gets better in a few days and Liv tells them they have to let the kittens go now. A verbal loophole is found ('she said she didn't want to see them after today, so if we keep 'em out of her sight...') and the rest of the siblings are drafted into keeping the kitties hidden?

Fritz

Who starts the tree thread? I can if you'd like, Ko has acquired queue-skipping rights until he gets a few more threads going. I'll ask Simba about this one too.

XD Kophas doesn't care, he says she was bein' all scared and 'fending herself, now give him the hammer.

Dagmar

Eir: *Loves every second of what he perceives as shrieks of delight* XD Sounds good! Again, Ko is allowed to skip the queue for now so if you start I can hopefully have a reply for you super-fast.

(#384450)

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Daww, Frizz is totally acceptable if anyone wants to use it *ignores the youngest dwarve's protests* It's either that or half-pint, bud :) (yay for learning to work small letters, ahem)

Speaking of which...

Fritz:

Yes and yes to both the kitties and tree, and that's fine if you want to start it and thanks :)

XD *Fritz grumble something on 'not his fault still' and yet reluctantly hands the hammer over and then pouts with full cute little brother force!*

Dagmar:

Yay for dwaves having cue skipping powers! Mine utilize it without such reasoning XD Ok, I shall que it up now for top of said que. I almost have a reply for Rian too and so maybe you will get both! (I mean you will eventually of course, I just don't know about back to back....)

(yellow)

Dagmar

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Alright, party of girls for Eir to play with is up Here!

If Saga's color code is too hard on the eyes just let me know, I just went grabbing from a list!

(yellow)

Iora

Picking Up Strays
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:00 AM »
BLUE THIS IS ME TOSSING DWARVES AT YOU. Let's start something or I will dieeeee because I need threads with you.

I don't have any threads for Iora besides with Bear so depending on which of the family he meets first I'm sure he will end up getting along fairly well with most of them. And he is a bit more of an animal/bug person than a people person because he is so awkward so I am sure he would help out with stray hiding should they need it!

Aurhîn

• Eagles
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 02:10:00 AM »
YES I WILL CATCH ALL THE DWARVES Or endeavour to, they're a bit like bowling balls and I feel like a skittle

Iora

YES. They would get on so well. Apart from the fact that they can both be quiet and then they wouldn't actually talk to each other. Meeting as adorable dwarflings or as adults? And where? And doing what? *Randomly envisions 'hi random person I vaguely know, you seem nice, you wouldn't be awesome and help me catch that falcon before she gets to open air? QUICK RUN'* And and and RUSTYYY I AM PLOTTING WITH YOUUUUU.

(#FFE600)

Elladan

Picking Up Strays
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 06:57:00 PM »
YYYYAAAYYYY PLOTTING! Ignore the fact that there is an elf in your dwarf plotter because I am too lazy to switch accounts!

Iora

Omgsh chasing down wild critters sounds fantabulous! Iora is that kind of helpful dude. Just scream "QUICK GRAB THAT" and he's off like lightning. Such a good guy. Young or adult, it doesn't really matter, but Iora didn't start actually making friends with any real attachment until he was like 35. So if they met as dwarflings it was probably waaay awkward and forgotten later. Though they could always meet when he is just reaching that stage and starting to make an effort with other people. Then he could be adorable and super fumbly because he is actually trying to make conversation.

Heeee *runs around excitedly*

Bofur

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Bofur doesn't mind dwarves overmuch XD 'Sides which, I used an eagle >.>

Okay, I'm thinking only just adults (so somewhere in their sixties?), sounds alright? On second thought retrieving birds is something Kophas does by himself, seeing as he has to be quiet and patient and all. Perhaps the Mews (Falconry Centre in Ered Luin) are linked somehow to the official hunting hounds (what of course dwarves have hounds - they're bound to have some) or something and Ko being Ko manages to lose some of them? Has to be something that runs rather than flies and is physically chaseable... Sheep would be perfect as they're fast little things but you think you can catch them. I can't think of an excuse for Kophas to be put in charge of them, though. Unless someone else loses them and he's being the weirdest bounty hunter ever in order to help out/get paid? *Thinking with typing* And who would start?

(#612800)

Einar

• Archived
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
Einar & Kophas

I just realized that I never replied back to this, I am sorry. I don't know if any of the plots have been started, if they have then I am way out of the loop.

I like the idea of Kophas getting into  falconry  on his own, Maybe Kophas can teach his big brother a few things about falconry. I can see Einar being confused by the idea of  falconry , but willing to learn for Kophas.  As for the idea of Einar being sick I am game for that, have his siblings finding something to cheer Einar up.   Kophas can jump into any brotherly threads going on, as long as Gard, Cass and Simba are cool with it!

Rian

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Picking Up Strays
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
Iora
I'm in agreement with the cbox conversation we had on this. Ko somehow through sheer pure Koph-ness manages to release a few sheep and then has to catch them, randomly roping Iora into the mess as he passes. Who shall start?

Einar

No problem! Ko has joined in on By Fang and Axe and Bonding and Trouble, in which it may be Einar's post?

Brotherly hunting trip where Kophas is using Vedhr for the first time? He'd have been well into falconry by that point but he might not have gone out with his family before. Plus I want to use sassy little Vedhr, his Hobby. Also, she might confuse Einar as she's so ridiculously tiny that she can't catch anything bigger than a swift.

Yay, the Kitten Quest is a go! Would you like to start and then the brothers can whip in and out and go off to find some kitties?

(#008A15)

Diric

Picking Up Strays
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
Diric and Kophas

I don't know if Kophas is from a noble family or not (I'm just going off the fact that Dagmar spends so much time around Fíli and Kíli), which could be pretty amusing - Diric gets so awkwardly flustered around nobles and the like. If not, he'll probably be more open to a friendly conversation. I have absolutely no clue where he's going, other then being a blacksmith, but a great conversation starter is always "What on Middle-Earth is that racket?" "Oh, that's my sister. -__-*"

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: [link] @Ihsan @Reis
    November 24, 2019, 03:32:06 AM
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
  • Legolas: [link] @Thranduil
    November 09, 2019, 01:38:45 AM
  • Galadriel: i give up i keep hitting the wrong account here xD