• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 91
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit] In the Shadow of the Mountain  (Read 2092 times)

Ruairmli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Pip
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
In the Shadow of the Mountain
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
ruairmli
SOME NIGHTS I STAY UP CASHING IN MY BAD LUCK SOME NIGHTS I CALL IT A DRAW
some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle, some nights I wish they'd just fall off

but I still wake up, I still see your ghost
GENERAL INFO
oh lord I'm still not sure what I stand for, what do I stand for? Most nights I don't know anymore
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ruairmli (pronounced Roar-m-li) is a dwarf from Ered Mithrin, and a warrior dwarf at that. Whilst he may be skilled with the weapon of his choice (a hammer of sorts with a spike atop it) he is no stranger to intelligence and common sense. He is fully aware that strength as well as using his brain are the things that will keep him alive in a battle, and the day he subsitutes one for the other, or disregards one completely, he knows he will struggle deeply in the war. He has a fear of being alone, and so quickly finds friends to accompany him or vice versa, just so that he will never be alone at all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

this is it boys this is war
FRIENDS
what are we waiting for? Why don't we break the rules already. I was never one to believe the hype
Ruairmli likes to think he has many friends, simply because he's attached himself to so many people so that he may never be alone. Some may figure him clingy, but it's quite the contrary, whilst he fears abandonment, he knows that someday it will come to it and that he will have to deal with it one way or another. He has dwarf friends from many places, and is willing to make friends with anyone, including Elves should the occasion arise at any given point in his lifetime. He knows that Elves are a difficult species to befriend, but he does his best to at least try and make sure that he does not get on the wrong side of them, accepting that they are a much faster race when it comes to arming themselves and striking first. So for friends? He should have a plenty!

save that for the black and white
FOES
I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked but here they come again to jack my style. That's alright
Being a dwarf, enemies come with the being, even if Ruairmli would prefer it not to. He is pretty sure that Elves are very unkind to dwarf peoples, and he knows for a fact that orcs and goblins have no clue what peace is; but this is when his warrior side comes out. He certainly doesn't mind the idea of having to kill a few dark creatures to get around in his life and to ensure that everyone is safe. He doesn't trust anything in the dark places, and will very rarely go there alone unless he absolutely must. He has never met a troll, but he certainly doesn't like the sounds of them and should they ever cross his path, he is sure that he would be prepared to either take them down or run very fast and very far.

I found a martyr in my bed tonight
LOVERS
stops my bones from wondering just who I am. Who am I? Well some nights I wish this song would end
He does not believe he is loveable, but much because he is not the type of person that people expect dwarves to be. Many of the dwarf women he has pursued has turned him down, and this has lead him to believe that he will never find love in his own place and thus, another reason why he is off adventuring and such. As much as he has his own goals, if he found his one true love along the way, then he'd have actually achieved an additional goal in his life. He doesn't know if he will live long enough to enjoy being in love, but he is certainly willing to give it a try should the right person come along and show him what he's missing!
Currently single[/i]

VIOLETTE AT CAUTION loves BOUNCING OFF THE CEILING with the A*TEENS
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:51:35 PM by Ulmo »
Played by Pip!

Kvasir

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
My thread for you is here my dear, sorry for the delay!

Bofur

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Blue
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Rian and Ruairmli

Need to meet, clearly XD When and where they first run into each other makes a pretty big difference to their dynamics, so we're going to have to choose one...

A - In the Grey Mountains, somewhere between 2887-2920. Either i) when Rian's still a child (he could be put in charge of leaving her home if she's caught, though they wouldn't punish her due to being a girl?) or ii) after Kvas becomes a soldier. Ri doesn't like soldiers (minus Kvas, then) very much so it might be nice for her to meet a nice one. Though she'll probably dislike him on principle unless the Kvas link is figured out. And even then, she won't be very friendly.

B - On the road (2920-2935/7). i) pre Kvas-reunion. This is probably my least favourite option... While Rian's travelling. Still not fond of soldiers. But then she never really gets fond of soldiers. ii) Post Kvas-and-Rian reunion; Rian does a fair bit of travelling in the two years between meeting him again and settling in Ered Luin. They could meet then? Ruair could be one of the convincers to settling somehow? But since he's wandering, I don't know how...

C - While Rian's in Ered Luin or on one of her gallivants out (2937-).

Choose wisely, young one.

(#612800)

Ruairmli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
*ponders*

I like all the options... I do... So hard to choose one...

A - i) is probably a very good choice because it leaves them open to meet again on B - ii). With A - i) it gives Ruair a chance to prove they're not all bad them soldiers like and B - ii) he gets to be like "settle" and the reason he'd try to convince her is he needs someone to keep an eye on Kvas because he doesn't plan on sticking around.
Played by Pip!

Bofur

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
I have an idea. We thread B - ii) and in it they recognise each other and reference that A - i) has happened? Or we can do both.

Awww, daddy Ruair is adorable. So where would that be? If he knows Kvas is alive and in Ered Luin it'd have to be after their reunion, so also when exactly? Also she's gonna try and convince him right back. And probably call him old.

(#612800)

Ruairmli

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Ruairmli && Rian

I like the plan - we should thread B and that way we can jump straight in.

Daddy Ruair is adorable - even if he isn't really Kvas' dad xD I think he'd stick around Ered Luin for a while and then when he realises Rian and Kvas are, yanno, friends - he can safely say Kvas can cope without him and leave again. He's okay with being called old. So possibly the where would be Ered Luin and then when would be... a few months after he's decided to stop there - and the when... I've just realised they don't have a year for that thread. T.A 2903 is the year Ruair and Kvas meet the first time etc and I can't remember what year Kvas leaves Ered Mithrin for Ered Luin but we'll say two years after that Ruair comes around?
Played by Pip!

Bofur

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
*Consults timeline notes* Rian leaves Ered Mithrin very early in 2920, Kvas is exiled that autumn and gets to Ered Luin in 2922. You just mentioned this in the cbox XD Anyways so - Rian takes a LOT longer on the journey than Kvas and their reunion thread is in 2935, and then she settles in 2937. So, somewhere between 2935 and 2937. She travels a lot in these years, though she also spends time in Ered Luin. At this time they could both be anywhere and don't have to be in the Blue Mountains - we can set it there if you want, I'm just giving options~

(#612800)

Annis

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
How's this for an idea - they meet early T.A. 2937, that way he can convince her to stay in Ered Luin with Kvas and MAYBE that then leads to her decision to settle? The idea that Kvas isn't going to have the people he needs? Then Ruair can fall off the planet for a couple more years. S'up to you though! Rian's yours and if she already has a better reason to settle then that's fine. But Ruair will be leaving Kvas even after a short reunion. Poor souls' best friend married his girl so he's a lonely man.

The road goes ever on and on etc.
Played by Pip!

Bofur

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
Sounds good! Rian has reasons for settling, but as of yet not much of a catalyst beyond time passing. So I am all for Ruair being a decent part of the convincing.

Why does he always leeeeaave HE HAS TO COME BACK OKAY 'Kay! So, early 2937, where? Outskirts of the Blue Mountains? They could both be heading in, or Ruair could be leaving as Rian arrives, or any combination? She sort of fails to go see Kvas in person when she actually lands. Rian is awful. Or anything? Gondor? And as for precise situation... *shrugs* One stumbles on the other's camp? IDEAS. They desert me.

(#612800)

Annis

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
I think it'd be awesome if the two met, if it was dark, when Ruair's on his way out. It'll be feelsy in an indirect way! he has to leave because if he stays in one place too long he starts to think about home and then it all goes to pot. So while he's on his way out of the blue mountains and she's on her way in?
Played by Pip!

Bofur

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
Yayyyy! Sounds good. Who starts? Well. He still has to come back. ALRIGHT.

(#612800)

Féren

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Jo
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
Ruairmli & Féren
So a little birdy told me Ruairmli is sometimes in the Iron Hills...and I think it would be a most entertaining idea for these two to meet! They are the same age...yet Féren is already a high positioned general in the army...no dobut, however, that Féren would see potential in Ruair. He might even be around in the Battle of the Five Armies! Although that's up to you. Jusr let me know what you think of throwing these two together, Pip.

Played by Jo

Líknví

• Dwarves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Gard
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
Ok, so it hits me that Ruairmli and Líknví have no threads and I think we should remedy this :)

Now, I know he comes by later to talk to Astir after Kvas' supposed death, and Lí will most definitely be there for that, but what say you another or so?

We could have him help her out as a tiny Dwarfling, or, hmm, how long exactly does Ruair stay in the Grey Mountains? Líknví's dates that I totally didn't have to double check, or maybe I did :D are 2886-2933 (granted she's a baby in 28 something :D

I suppose run ins in Ered Luin before all the madness would be plausible too but not sure.

Anyway, Grey Mountains I'm thinking he could just aid the child somewhere in there where she's old enough to be grabbing stuff for the house from the market and runs into trouble or such (it's easy to have happen)?

Thoughts?

Sig made by wonderful Cass ~

(azure)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Nienna: [link] @Ihsan @Reis
    November 24, 2019, 03:32:06 AM
  • Lothíriel: [link] Eorik as well
    November 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
  • Meren: Reply for Faramir (finally after a million years) [link]
    November 12, 2019, 07:33:42 PM