• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: [Hobbit] I'm quite partial to tea myself!  (Read 3653 times)

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hades
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
I'm quite partial to tea myself!
« on: August 06, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »

A L T A I R
THE TEACHER | app

description that is not really a description
a bit of a nerd, you might say. He'll do anything for books and well if he's not careful he'll find himself flying about on adventures with strangers like he reads. (Altair: It'll give Grandfather and Grandmother something to read.)  Well there he isn't wrong! He keeps a diary of everything that happens to him, sometimes it's dated and sometimes it's not, and often the entries go missing. He wears a very characteristic scarf, can't miss it, that compliments his poofy hair.

FRIENDS::
Oh I think he has friends! Why wouldn't someone like him? It is the making friends that can be a bit difficult. I like the idea of him having a few friends he can greet in the normal casual way without having to be overly polite and agreeable! This includes everyone who has ever given him an odd job, which he takes if he knows he has time!

ENEMIES::
What teacher doesn't have enemies? He would never genuinely hate someone, I think. That is, unless he had good reason. We all genuinely hate someone at some point, so why shouldn't he? If you would like to volunteer for that position, there will always be fun threads! Conflict is the most entertaining, don't you agree?

LOVE::
Ha, hahahaha... right. Well... if you would like to attempt this position just let me know! If you would like to try and come close to this position, let me know. If you want to play with the idea and think it would be fun to see him jittery... well, don't hesitate to say anything!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:20:04 PM by Ulmo »
color of speech: #0D6B6A

played by: Hades

Kelwen

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Kelwen & Altair
If I read his app correctly, he spent most of his time growing up in Gondor?  He and Kel could've run into each other then.  As a nerdy scholarly kid, I take it he might have been bullied some or at least had some enemies amongst the other children, and since Kel's no stranger to being bullied and having enemies amongst the other children, she might've attempted to be nice and pleasant at least long enough to befriend him?

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
Altair & Kelwen
    Yeah, he did go to Gondor to study! ^^ And it would be quite possible for them to meet. =3 Though he would be lodged somewhere with other scholars or in the library if Kel would ever be down in that area of Gondor! And they could also meet on the street.

So Kel is currently 21 and he's 25.
    When he is 5 the year is 2921, he goes to live with his grandparents.
    I would assume two years later he would be sent to Gondor for his study making him 7 years old, and the year is 2923.

How does T.A 2926 sound? He'd be 10.[/li]

Kelwen

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
oh thanks for doing that math. haha I'm no good at math. So when he was 10 she would've been 6. That works!  He could've taught her bookish...stuff...things. Smart people things. if he could get her to sit still long enough to listen lol

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
Altair & Kelwen
    Oh yes! Haha! So, to get into the mindset of 10 year old Altair. This will be fun! XD Trying to get Kelwen sit still and learn, eh? That should be a task, maybe it will be the one to spur him on wards to become a teacher! (or further make him want to be a teacher!) So many possibilities, and they can always meet again after this thread!

I would be delighted to start this thread, and I think I know the perfect title, too! What time of the day or night, do you think?[/li]

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »
Ok, as threatened, kiddies for Altair to regale ^^

Gard,, Sofia &  Altair

Do you need the links? I don't think you need the links, if Altair ever comes through Lake Town, either of these two will be a willing audience. Hehe, Sofia may peer at him with that too-deep kiddie gaze as she tries to figure him out, but he'd pretty amicable so I think she'll warm quite quick ^^

and of course Gard will take in any tales and even answer questions he has, or show him around!

You can also get one or the other or both at the same time! Whichever Altair wants ^^

Bilbo Baggins/ Dagmar/ Fritz/ Líknví/ Saga/ Kargach/ Anlaf/ Nyx/ Nauroval/ Gard/ Wes/ Friór/ Harper/ Tuuli (Folkin II/ Illmur)

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 02:52:00 AM »
Gard, Sofia & Altair
    Altair, it looks like you'll be going to Lake Town after all! Though what on earth for, I'll never know!
Altair: Books!! All the books! Millions, and millions of books! ... and I thought I was bad.

Heehee! Altair would answer any and all questions put to him, no doubt about that! <3 And we can have just a Sofia thread and just a Gard thread, or a both thread! <3 I like the last one, and we can start with Sofia maybe and Gard can just wander in unexpectedly?

And would you do the honors of starting the thread, or shall I?[/li][/list]

Rupa

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Dory
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 04:08:00 AM »
rupa&&altair

Rupa's a Rohirric soldier come to Gondor, and like most Rohirrim not born high up, he doesn't know how to read. Except now that he's decided his little sons need to learn to read, he wants to learn, too. So anyone willing to teach him is a boon. He's incredibly patient and not flustered easily by people, odd or not, if that helps? xD

morwensteelsheen&&altair

i feel like she totally met him when she was a child and now he totally numbers on the list of people she needs to check on when she can, because she's afraid he'll forget to eat for a month or something. xD

played by Dory

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
Altair & Morwen
    This particular plot intrigues me. But it would be a short lived friendship, and he probably wouldn't remember her (sadly), which could lead to an interesting meeting. He's lived in Gondor for since he can remember and that's where he got his learning. But since she is the future 'queen' of Rohan, she may come in handy with his cause! :3 He's trying to open a small, nonprofit school for those who can't afford to teach their children. He's such a passion, and he's also a private teacher for profit, gotta keep the food on the table, ya know.[/li]
Altair & Rupa
    Which leads me here! (: As fond as Altair is of teaching people for free, those who wish to take private lessons must pay him
something - food, food is always an option. XD But I don't think money should be that much of an object for Rupa, no? >.> Feel free to answer that. But other than that, he would be absolutely delighted to teach Rupa to read! <3 Even write if necessary! And with Rupa at 7 feet, and Altair being 6 foot 3... it wouldn't be the first time that he's had to look up to one of his students. XD People of Gondor are equally as tall, he finds. Lol![/li][/list]

Galadriel

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 04:39:00 AM »
morwen&&altair

It'd be interesting and amusing. She'd be kind of miffed, exasperated, but then just get over it and get on with getting to know him again. She's not aware she's going to be Queen any time soon - Thengel's being a total pair of chicken legs -- but I think if they reinvest in their friendship now she's an adult, her helping him like that will definitely be a wonderful plot to work with. Hec, she'd probably end up helping work in the place herself!

rupa&&altair

I think you're overestimating Rupa's wealth, so it might be worth having a look at his history to know the background he's come from and the fighting he had to do to get to where he is now. Never mind raising children with two parents isn't cheap, let alone one! But of course he's not going to expect it for free, for the boys or by extension, him [I just need someone willing to push him into it, first]. He can, however, most definitely do food and music as easily, if not easier than money; he filly appreciates the former's worth and he's talented in the latter.

and six foot three IS quite tall and no mortal is taller than Rupa so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD

played by Dory

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »
Altair & Morwen
    He would be very pleased to renew the friendship, even if he doesn't remember her very well, and she's just that scrawny little, fuzzy faced girl in his memory. (: He wouldn't try to push her, of course, to actually go in and help in a hands on kind of way unless she didn't want to! ^^ Most of the problem is just finding a good place to set up, and of course getting the parchment signed to make it a legal thing... =P But where should their second meeting be after all this time?[/li]

Altair & Rupa
    Like I said! Food, food, food! And he's not entirely unreasonable when it comes to price. He knows that the people of Rohan aren't 'as rich as they are in Gondor' (if you wanted to say that), so it would be something that Rupa could afford, like a family deal. Music is always a plus, and he does more than teach reading and writing. He is also an accomplished fencer and musician! If Rupa started up a jig, he'd be more than happy to just jump and play along on whatever instrument he can get his hands on. Though, he's not much of a singer. XD *gives ear plugs*

Besides, he can always make up the money elsewhere.[/li]

Rupa

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »
morwen&&altair

He doesn't need to push. If he gets her interested enough in future, she'll help herself. xD Would you like to start a thread where they just become reacquainted first, though? Before or after my LoA, I don't mind; I'll reply either way. <3

rupa&&altair

That's a good way for them to become actual friends, considering Rupa [even if he wasn't Rohirrim, and they're a musical bunch] uses it to de-stress and vent his deeper feelings. Altair doesn't need to sing, Rupa can -- the trick is just emboldening him enough to do it, bless his heart. It'd probably start with catching him singing quietly while grooming his horse one day, or the like. xD But that would work fine, with the reading thing. If it's not the only place he's being taught, he'll learn in no time [or so he thinks]!

played by Dory

Gard

• OOC-Mentors
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Tracker: Plotter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 02:13:00 AM »
Just peeking in to say the thread's up! The one for Altair and my kiddies

Bilbo Baggins/ Dagmar/ Fritz/ Líknví/ Saga/ Kargach/ Anlaf/ Nyx/ Nauroval/ Gard/ Wes/ Friór/ Harper/ Tuuli (Folkin II/ Illmur)

Altair

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 03:29:00 AM »
Yaaaay! <3 Heehee. Poor Oliver... Altair can't wait to get to know them!

Altair & Morwen
    I would love to start the thread. It would give me something to do on the plane, if not sooner! :3 And of course where they become reaquainted. I am supposing this will take place in Edoras?[/li]

Altair & Rupa
    Haha! All for that Bonding experience. ^-^ I can also start this one, unless you want to start it? We can always say that Altair put up posters around town advertising his little business, if you wanted to start it, and if that is how he found out about Altair. (:[/li]

Morwen Steelsheen

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
morwen&&altair

Er, no. Morwen is Gondor born and bred -- well off family in Lossarnarch who frequents Minas Tirith, and she's not with Thengel yet, let alone Queen of Rohan. xD So you may start it if you can be patient with me, but not in Rohan.

rupa&&altair

I can certainly jot it down as one of the first to stop for immediate future reference thread-wise. I need to get him slightly more settled first in Gondor. Then definitely. <3

'be humble, stand proud, and don't be afraid of your fears.'

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM