• Nienna: OOOOOOOO~! GARD MAKIN' AN ELF
    August 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM
  • Gard: But yay success!
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:24 PM
  • Gard: Been there Hades :D
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
  • Gard: Aww
    August 11, 2019, 07:41:13 PM
  • Hades: So, how about I forgot that I changed my password... xD I've been trying to get in for the last twenty minutes.
    August 11, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
  • Eofor: Hi
    August 04, 2019, 06:46:46 PM
  • Icewolf: Does anyone play lotro? Had a bit of a rough night so I'm taking my loremaster around the farms of Oakbarton for the morning. I don't have the concentration for writing today.
    July 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
  • Hades: Goodness... okay. I hate this muse. XD It only works when it wants o.
    July 25, 2019, 02:14:00 PM
  • Icewolf: Hi.
    July 24, 2019, 11:36:35 PM
  • Dís: Eeeeeh hi again Icewolf!
    July 22, 2019, 11:13:41 PM
  • Nienna: Glad to see people posting!
    July 12, 2019, 03:20:14 AM
  • Gard: Hey Jo! Imma say Discord! <3
    June 09, 2019, 03:18:45 AM
  • Jo: Gard, if you're around to see this, but where is the best place to hit you up for plotting in-depth? Discord, Skype, the chatbox?
    June 09, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
  • thatguy2: yeah
    May 14, 2019, 04:32:36 AM
  • Nienna: Gonna have to try my hand at a Sawda post for Becca. :)
    May 14, 2019, 04:29:32 AM
  • Galadriel: I love it. It's like a WHO AM I GOING TO BE TODAY game. XD
    May 10, 2019, 01:05:58 AM
  • thatguy2: it did :O
    May 09, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
  • Jo: The chatbox changed...
    May 09, 2019, 07:14:24 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Forum Staff

Ulmo admin Ulmo
Administrator
Manwë admin Manwë
Administrator
Husbeast admin Husbeast
Administrator
Nienna gmod Nienna
Estë gmod Estë
Vairë gmod Vairë

* Vote For Us

RPG-D RPG Initiative Middle Earth Top10 RP Lovers J.R.R. Tolkien Top 100 Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

* Awards

Author Topic: Lost Stars  (Read 1793 times)

Ioreth

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Pip
  • Application: Plotter
  • Plotter: Plotter
  • Tracker: Plotter
Lost Stars
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »

Peppered steak and roast vegetables. That's what Frederick had demanded for his dinner that evening, along with a glass of his favourite scotch. Scotch that he had run out of last night when he'd brought his work colleagues around to 'work'. Ida wasn't stupid, the way she'd seen Frederick looking at Alice was a familiar look; one that he had shown her once. Yet, Ida Darcey had turned a blind eye to her husbands infidelities, and would continue to do so for as long as she lived.

Her husband had left her cash on the mantlepiece for her to collect the necessary ingredients for his dinner, and it all had to be made from scratch. Ida knew he would accept nothing short of fresh made foods, and so, at lunch time, she had headed off out into the city to collect the necessary ingredients. First, she headed to the butches, collecting two prime steaks, already peppered by the butcher, ready for cooking when she got home before heading to the local supermarket for the vegetables. Whilst market bought vegetables would have probably appeased most that wanted fresh food, Frederick, however, didn't agree with it; for more often than not he always complained that street markets were more likely to be infested with all sorts of diseases and rodents, and so, as usual, Ida had headed into the supermarket instead.

Picking herself up a small basket, she wandered slowly down the aisle, her dress brushing over her thighs as she did so; heels clicking on the floors as she went. Small strands of hair fell down the side of her face, the rest of it pushed back and into an intricate weave of plaits and jeweled hair pieces. Anyone who looked at her would have assumed that she was posh, and so generally, did not speak to her; despite the fact that she may have enjoyed the conversation in the first place. Grabbing vegetables as she went, her attentions firmly on the baskets in the middle, it was no wonder that she did not see the great hulk of a man in front of her; then again, she ought to have seen him from his sheer size. With a bump, she stepped back, eyes widened a little as she looked at the man she had walked into, both hands falling to the basket handles, holding it between the pair as if to place a barrier there.

"I'm sorry!" She quickly apologised, nodding carefully to the man before offering him one of her gentle smiles that she often threw people. Her bright blue eyes scanned up to his face, meeting with his dark browns. The gentleman's sheer size had thrown her, but as she had taken in the sight before her; she had been caught completely off balance. "It's my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going... I was trying to find an aubergine and didn't see you... there." That sounded awkward when in came out of her mouth, for when she looked harder at him, she could not understand how she had not noticed him.
[/font]
Played by Pip!

Ivorak

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Cass
Lost Stars
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:18:00 AM »

There had been a time when leaving the house required no forethought and no stress, a time when all he needed as his car keys and perhaps a jacket – if he felt like being particularly well prepared for the unpredictable English weather.  Now there was far more to take into consideration.  Where was he going?  What was it he needed to do?  Had he programmed the alarms into his phone correctly?  Was he wearing his medical bracelet?  Did he need to bring his medication?  Had he even remembered to take his medication?  If he got lost, or had an episode, was there someone to report him missing?  The answer to the last question was almost always a resounding no.  Funny, it had only taken almost dying to realise how few people he had in the world.  In fact, the car crash may very well have taken his only true companion.

This day was made worse by his losing his shopping list.  Turning out his pockets had been to no avail and, out of sheer desperation, he even checked the partition of his wallet.  Nothing.  Cast adrift in the supermarket, Ivor wandered, trying and failing to recall the contents of his fridge and cupboards.  Somehow he ended up rooted in to vegetable aisle, vacantly staring at the sweet potatoes.  He had bought some recently… he thought.  Then again, that could have been months ago.  Time moved strangely for him now.

Giving up, deciding he could always order take-out if he somehow ended up with ingredients that simply couldn’t be brought together to resemble some sort of meal, Ivor turned – and that was when she bumped into him.  Pretty was his first thought.  Rich was his second.  The dress and the fancy hair gave away the second while contributing to the first.  Then it hit him, hard – I know you – but he was quick to push that intruding feeling aside.  If he remembered to, he would tell his psychiatrist at their next session.  Maybe his medication needed adjusted, seeing as he was still enduring these unwanted thoughts and treacherous false memories.

Unless he had met her before, here in Middleton, and had simply forgotten.  Sort of.  Strange, he could have sworn the young woman before him should have been brunette.  That was when he noticed she looked mildly afraid.  Then again, almost everyone was frightened of him – a large man, seemingly built to break lesser beings.  “Don’t worry about it, no harm done.”  Ivor reassured, feeling oddly disarmed by that gentle smile.  I know you.  “I’m kinda petite, s’no wonder you didn’t see me.”  It was a weak attempt at humour.  Standing at 6’8” and tipping the scales at around 250lbs, folks normally saw him coming from a mile away – they often skirted nervously around him when he drew near, or stared openly.  When Ivor opened his mouth next, it was meant to be to point the woman in the direction of the aubergines, but instead he said something instinctive and foolish.  “You changed your hair.”

Ioreth

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Lost Stars
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »
Ida laughed at the suggestion that Ivor was petite, for he was far from it. She was pleasantly surprised that he was a friendly giant, and that he took no offense to her bumping in to him, and instead, made a joke of it. It was a nice surprise, for if Frederick had been out with her, he would have apologised profusely and made her pay for it when she got home with another shouting match. She tried not to be so clumsy, but her husband always had her flustered with his mutliple demands and his strict way of doing things that Ida often got lost in her thoughts, as if that were the only place she could hide from him.

"Are my roots showing? I must buy more dye...Fred will...." The end of the sentence fell to a mumble,her hand reaching up to her head, concious that that was how the man before her had seen them and as such as mentioned a change of hair colour. "Have we met before?" She questioned, suddenly realising the tone of his statement, as if he knew her. His eyes were familiar to her, that was all; but she could not tell if she knew him merely from that. A small frown etched across her features, shuffling slightly as she looked harder at the man, wondering if her perhaps she'd met him before but somehow she doubted it. No offense to him, but he did not look like the type to attend fancy dinner parties. "I... erm.... I'm Ida." She offered her hand out to him, wondering if he would shake it, though this was not something she would normally do with her usual company. All introductions, when it came to come, were stupid hugs and kisses on either cheek as a greeting, and she hated every minute she had to endure it.

Seeing the vegetable she had been looking for from the corner of her eye, she turned only for a second, plucking it from its place and straight into her basket. "Do you... frequent here?" Perhaps that's how she knew him, for there was seldom a week where she was not doing the shopping for meals. Though, sometimes it was the bookshop she found herself wrapped up in, just to get away from the reality that was her life. There was a light twinkling sound and a buzz as her phone went off in her handbag; and like someone in a flustered panic, she removed it quickly, texting back as quickly as she could before thrusting it back into the bag. Frederick had a nasty habit of texting her to check where she was and what she was doing, just so he could time her, and this was not something she particularly enjoyed in her life. "They've moved everything around since the last time I was in here... I'll never find everything I need." She sighed almost whispering her statement, having already made this point in the text to her husband.
[/font]
Played by Pip!

Ivorak

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Lost Stars
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
It took Ivor a moment to process the woman’s words, to realise that she had misunderstood him.  “Oh, no, that’s not what I meant…”  The name ‘Fred’ registered, distracting him, and instinctively he glanced at the hands which clutched the basket.  An expensive-looking engagement ring and wedding ring – snuggled together on the ring finger of her left hand – glared back at him.  Rich he thought again, uselessly.  

“Yes.”  Ivor answered immediately – he knew her, he was certain of it – before a look of uncertainty crumpled his features.  “No.  Maybe?”  It was no wonder he hated leaving the house, he couldn’t hold even the briefest and most basic of conversations without coming off as confused.  “Might be we went t’ the same school?  I know your face but I, uh... I have a bad memory.”  Fortunately the woman made to introduce herself, allowing him to escape his own social clumsiness.

“A pleasure, Ida.  The name’s Ivor.”  With a smile, he took the proffered hand.  It was warm, softer than it should be (softer than it should be?!) and was utterly swamped by his.  Nothing unusual about that last detail.  A brief pause followed as Ida fetched the aubergine she had been seeking, setting the shiny purple vegetable into her basket.  “Aye, I do actually.  I don’t live too far away.  What about yourself?”  Ivor answered easily, leaving out the fact he was no longer fit to drive, that he had been forced to sell his motorbike, and that this supermarket was now the most convenient for him.  While he didn’t mind walking, carrying heavy shopping for mile after mile was a pain in the arse.  Besides, the longer he was out of the house the longer there was for something to go wrong.

Their budding conversation was interrupted suddenly by a frivolous beeping sound.  Immediately Ivor started, patting his trouser pocket instinctively.  Not his, of course it wasn’t, not given the mild panic that seemed to consume the bottle blonde.  While he waited, he glanced around the aisle vaguely, before returning his attention to… Ida.  Her name was Ida.  Ida with a husband.  The husband’s name was… ah, but it was no good, it had left him already.  “I hear they do that.  The supermarkets, I mean.  They like people t’ be lost, so they buy more than they need.  Greedy bastards.”  There was something despondent in her remark that she had no hope of finding everything she needed, so Ivor offered a sympathetic look.  “You got much t’ buy?”  A stupid question.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ioreth

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Lost Stars
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »
She tried to rack her brain for whether or not she knew the man, but it kept drawing up a blank; there was no recollection of the name or the person's face that bore it, which lead her into thinking that she was just somebody that Ivor was confusing her with. It was perfectly possible seeing as he admitted that he had a poor memory. Ida, however, never seemed to forget a thing in her life.

It was her eyes that may as well have smiled as he mentioned his name and she made a mental note of it. The fact he'd shook her hand as well was a pleasant surprise in itself. Clearly he was not accostomed to her class, and that was refreshing. "Park lane... Not too far away from here. My husband takes the car to work so I seldom get to use it." So all of the shopping that Ioreth had to do today would have to be carried, but for some reason, her seemingly tiny arms could always handle it. It was strange, that she seldom had trouble carrying the shopping, and that she could walk for mile on end when she was rarely doing any training other than eating very little to keep slim for Fred. She was often on shakes rather than proper meals, which often took up most of the shopping list; but her husband allowed this, wishing that she always felt comfortable in her body.

She blushed a little as he swore, not quite used to hearing anyone swear as in her household it may as well have been a sin of some sort. The company she kept hardly ever dropped even a tiny curse, and tended to come up wth something more creative and less vulgar. Ida, however, didn't bother calling the man out on it, and instead smiled gently at him for being so brutally honest, even if it was just about the supermarket. "Yes.. Erm..." Reaching onto the pocket on her handbag, she pulled out a shopping list that was relatively long, all of which were meals for the week for Fred. Half of the stuff on their she didn't like nor care for, but there seemed to be plenty of alcohol on the list for Fred, and none of Ioreth. She didn't really see the point of drinking, nor did she understand why Fred enjoyed it so much. She held the shopping list out to the man in front of her, allowing him to see what it was the poor woman had to find. "I don't want to intrude, nor take up any of your time but perhaps you could help me? Two pairs of eyes are better than one.."
[/font]
Played by Pip!

Ivorak

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Lost Stars
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
Everything about this was wrong, from the flimsy clothes they wore to the twinned, sparkling rings on Ida’s finger to the strange, colourful aisles with its fluorescent lighting and sterile, packaged food to the name on the woman’s lips.  Fred… who’s Fred?  Though Ivor already knew the answer to that question – or felt he did – he dared not face it.  He blinked, feeling familiar ache starting in his skull, a sharper pain in his chest.  

Park Lane.  Ivor knew of it, though he never had cause to go there himself.  It was one of the affluent parts of town, with large houses set far back from the road, surrounded by extensive and well-manicured gardens.  A far cry from his own humble lodgings.  Strange then that Ida did not have her own car, that her freedom was limited while her husband – no, no, no, that was wrong – was at work.

He did not fail to notice the blush that rose in her cheeks with his foul language – he would need to mind his tongue in her company.  Mumbling a vague apology, Ivor dipped his head and watched as she pulled a shopping list from her pocket.  The words written there looked unintelligible, despite being written neatly, as happened to him on occasion.  Then it was offered and Ivor took it instinctively, his heart picking up pace.

“I’d be happy to.  I ain’t in a hurry away.”  Ivor smiled through the sudden tightness that wound through his large frame, dropping his gaze to the small piece of paper.  He forced himself to concentrate, dark eyes skimming downwards, a crease in his brow, until he found a short word that he felt was manageable.  Sss… ssc… scotch.  His lips silently shaped the word even as he read it into himself, in the manner of one uncomfortable with his letters.  This minor victory was the first small step that made the rest come more easily, the scribbled items suddenly making sense.  Ivor relaxed, his massive shoulders sloping as the sudden bolt of tension left them.  When he looked up again, he had a smile in place.  “We ought t’ get ourselves t’ the booze aisle.  You plannin’ t’ walk home with this many bottles?”  He looked at Ida’s slender arms almost doubtfully, wondering if she might need his assistance getting this shopping home.  He had not lied when he said he had nowhere else to be but then, what would her neighbours think?

Ioreth

• Men
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Lost Stars
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »
She heard the mutter of an apology and let out a small laugh - it wasn't that she was offended by the profanities, it was just delightful to hear someone using the standards rather than those... more posh swears she was so used to. Her eyes lit up and she shook her head gently before speaking up. "Don't apologise. It was... refreshing. I don't often hear swears, you see." She offered him a little, reassuring smile, shuffling the basket up her arm before slipping past, only to grab swedes and carrots, placing them into her basket with a gentle plop. "So don't refrain from... well being yourself on my account. I'd rather you spoke how you normally did than try and force yourself into speaking in an uncomfortable way." The only reason she had been able to speak in such a way for years was because of all the practice she had, had just to impress her husband before they even got together. The reality of it was, she never really knew him until she married him, and then she realised just how awfully... droll he was. He had an unhealthy obsession with work, often staying late, and even more so his obsession with... well any skirt that happened to pass his way, but she drew her thoughts away from that.

"Yes, it's something I often do - it's not much bother..." Well that was a lie - she would often struggle with all the shopping, but she seldom complained. She occasionally had the car, and she had plans to ask Fred for a second car so she had something to cart around the alcohol in future, but it was finding the bravery to ask him to spend money on... well useful things. There had been no TV in the living room - mainly to stop her being 'lazy', but expensive vacuums and cooking implements were always bought for her when she didn't really want and or need them. "Scotch, whiskey, brandy - as long as they're not cheap bottles he'll be happy. He likes a tipple after a hard days work. As well as a good steak. Which I can get from the Butchers." The words were mainly muttered to herself but it might help Ivor understand what it was she needed out of this shopping trip. "You... are very kind for helping out. Normally I'd be in here for hours and then have to rush when making his dinner." She shuffled the basket on her arm and headed towards the alcohol aisle with her new friend close behind.
[/font]
Played by Pip!

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Gard of Lake-town: Tag for Thatguy [link]
    May 17, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
  • thatguy2: tag for Gard [link]
    May 14, 2019, 05:38:28 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Thread for Eofor/Thatguy [link]
    May 11, 2019, 02:46:13 AM
  • Gard of Lake-town: Reply for Hades/Altair! [link]
    May 08, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
  • Nienna: Post to Teachers Vent [link] *crosses fingers*
    May 07, 2019, 01:14:34 AM
  • Faramir: Reply for Becca/Éomer! [link]
    May 01, 2019, 11:59:42 PM
  • Faramir: Plots back for Dory! [link]
    April 30, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag Cass/Faramir <3 [link]
    April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 PM
  • Éowyn: Thread starter for Eofer/ThatGuy: [link]
    April 30, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
  • Faramir: Faramir plots for Meren/Lothíriel... two years late. Sorry about that! [link]
    April 29, 2019, 09:12:22 PM
  • Tintaldé: Tag for Whit/Elrohir [link]
    April 23, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Whit/Thranduil. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
  • Galadriel: Tag for Becca/Celeborn. <3 [link]
    April 23, 2019, 03:19:03 PM
  • Friór: Super short (by my old trend) poke at some of my threads too <3
    April 19, 2019, 03:09:28 AM
  • Faramir: Another reply for Éowyn/Dory, this time in Like Little Fireflies! [link]
    April 18, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
  • Faramir: Reply for Éowyn/Dory! [link]
    April 16, 2019, 02:59:48 PM