• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

Coming soon!

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Marbys: I’ll wait. If no one posts in a few days, I will then.
    May 23, 2020, 05:13:40 PM
  • Marbys: Sorry, I didn’t know there was something prearranged. I don’t access Discord a lot. It’s OK. I thought joining was open due to tag in the tag box.
    May 23, 2020, 05:11:06 PM
  • Gard: Can’t get to discord right now but yes that’s fine Marbys and I’ll give it a first come first serve!
    May 23, 2020, 04:42:01 PM
  • Ari: I'm fine with it Marbys. (There was ThatGuy who I think was also interested, but idk - whoever posts first I guess :P). Waiting on Gard's vote though.
    May 23, 2020, 01:03:55 AM
  • Marbys: The Fangorn thread, I mean.
    May 22, 2020, 11:25:13 PM
  • Marbys: I'm thinking about joining the Nauroval and Shadowfax with an already reformed Annúngilel. OK for you both, Ari and Gard?
    May 22, 2020, 11:24:12 PM
  • Ari: Shadowfax: *wiggles excitedly*
    May 22, 2020, 12:41:26 AM
  • Hera: New plotters ready!
    May 21, 2020, 11:32:10 PM
  • Hades: :P sure thing.
    May 21, 2020, 09:49:40 PM
  • Guiga: Don't stress, Hades. I like where it is going in my head now. Thank you, Gard!
    May 21, 2020, 03:18:36 AM
  • Hades: Oh! I’m sorry... I wasn’t aware that you wanted to take it in a specific direction. We can always loop around to the direction you want to take it. :)
    May 21, 2020, 02:40:44 AM
  • Gard: I am stalking that thread so hard :)
    May 21, 2020, 02:13:29 AM
  • Guiga: Yes, sure. That thread just took a turn in another direction, but this way we can explore their relationship.
    May 21, 2020, 01:30:47 AM
  • Hades: Beautiful, I hope you liked it!
    May 21, 2020, 12:33:36 AM
  • Guiga: Don't worry, Hades. It's OK. I'll finish a few things and then reply as Bard.
    May 20, 2020, 09:38:14 PM
  • Nienna: I am ashamed it took so long to eek out a post for ya,
    May 20, 2020, 02:40:25 AM
  • Marbys: Wrong account...
    May 17, 2020, 04:22:26 AM
  • Thengel: That's bad!!! I'm glad you're getting better. Don't push yourself.
    May 17, 2020, 04:21:56 AM
  • Dory: Yeah it's kinda complicated. I couldn't write at all until very recently bc I broke bones in both hands, so my LoA was a voice to text on Discord.
    May 16, 2020, 02:00:38 AM
  • Marbys: Happy to write with you again. I also have many other characters to offer for plots.
    May 15, 2020, 12:17:41 PM

* Directories

RPG-D RPG Initiative

* Awards

Author Topic: Twice as Charming  (Read 5040 times)

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Hades
  • Application: Plotter
Twice as Charming
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
The day had been abnormally hot, too hot for Dénor’s comfort. So at the coming of the evening he found himself in very bright spirits, which was rare for Dénor after traveling with Ginger nonstop. The otter skins she carried had been caught and killed by him personally and she was eager to them to the buyer in Bree who had hired her for the job specifically. The one downside had been the buyer wanted a large brutish human to go with her to make sure the she-elf did mess up the order for the otters. The man had gotten on Dénor’s nerves one evening as he was harassing his master and… well; it was – in Dénor’s opinion – his best work yet! The man never went near his master and Ginger didn’t bother to help him heal the wounds that were on his neck, shoulders and arms. But that had been nearly a week ago, and now the two traveled as it should always be. Just him and his master, walking Middle-Earth alone with meat and skins to cart this way and that! Closing his eyes as he rode behind Ginger on her pack, he trilled as only an owl could at the memory of taking rope and tying the man to a tree by the river where they had caught the otters.

Who’s got the last laugh now?” He had said a sort of smugness in his voice. It had scared the man to pieces and it only thrilled Dénor that it was the only time the man heard him speak. “What are you thinking about, Dénor? I doubt what you did to that man will not be forgotten anytime soon.” Ginger chimed into his thoughts. “It is the mere idea of that poor soul still being tied up to a tree that gets me.” He sighed pleasantly. “And don’t forget, Master, you had a helping hand in tying him up! I wouldn’t be surprised if the price of the skins was halved… each for our doing that.” Ginger didn’t swindle anyone often, and the Eagle Owl was wondering if she would attempt to swindle this time or leave it to him to do so. “What are you going to do, then, if that does happen?” He asked curiously. Ginger answered with her usual ‘I don’t know’ and began her searching for a nice place to make a camp for the night.

There wasn’t much else for Dénor to do, and when he gazed into the distance he saw a wood. Explaining to Ginger that he would be back by morning – considering he had nearly slept the whole day of travel – she simply nodded her head and he left her.

Oh how it felt good to stretch his wings! The nightlife was a glorious one, if only everyone could know that instead of sleeping during it, it would make his social life much… more interesting. Yet, the threat of the monsters of Middle-Earth weighed in the back of his mind as he worried for his Master’s safety without him. She had only disappeared once on him and he didn’t plan on having that happen again! No way, not in a million years, like he knew he would live that long. His flight was swift and silent as he made his way towards the gleaming tree trunks, the moon was out tonight, and everything was like daylight to him, only friendlier in comparison.

It wasn’t often that Dénor went off on his own, especially when he was in a good mood! As he entered the forest he was carefully to look as natural as if he there was nothing special about him, nothing at all! The only thing wrong with that was his craving for a young Owling for his supper, this also didn’t appear very often and his cannibalistic habits were usually blamed on his species, really. Eagles ate carrion and he ate the young of the Owl Kingdom, where was the difference? But perhaps he could settle for some mice instead if he didn’t find what he was looking for.

Landing on a branch, Dénor observed his surroundings and noticed that the trees looked as if they had things or people living in them! It was a novelty that beings other than birds should live in trees. And yet, through a pane of glass he recognized the bright blonde hair of the only Elf he had ever met with that kind of crown. Flying over silently, he watched Celeborn through this window, his orange gaze filled with a curious wonder. How delightful to come across him in such a fashion! Dénor thought…

out of cookies;
I hope everything is alright, I thought Dénor might actually be lucky enough to see Celeborn through a window or something, if this needs to be changed or you think of something that would better work for Celeborn you let me know! :D

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
  • Alias: Becca
  • Plotter: Plotter
Twice as Charming
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:22:00 AM »
Celeborn was busy doing paperwork, or at least trying to get paperwork done. He generally hated paperwork, almost as much as he hated Nenya. His lips twisted in wry amusement. He could remember very well the day that Sauron had come in disguise. He and Galadriel had not trusted him, without knowing who or what he was, but Celebrimbor had allowed the Dark Lord into Eregion and then they had crafted the blasted Elven Rings of Power. Or rather, Celebrimbor had using the techniques that Annatar had taught him. The Lord of Gifts indeed. Celeborn gave a soft snort at that thought before his mind turned back to the past.

After Celebrimbor had realized that he had been tricked, he had the audacity to offer Celeborn's wife one of the rings and she had accepted. Though the smith loved his wife, Celeborn realized that Galadriel did not choose to accept it out of love, since he knew that her heart belonged wholly to him, but rather out of a misguided sense of duty. Why did they not just destroy the damned things! Celeborn wasn’t sure why not nor was he sure that Galadriel knew. He never really asked her and in fact tried to talk as little about Nenya with her as possible.

He sighed and glared at his paperwork before standing up and heading to the window, pouring himself a small glass of wine to help ease his mind. But as he stared out the window, he noticed an owl that for some reason seemed very familiar, staring at him. After a moment he realized that it was Dénor, Ginger's companion. But where was the curious Elf? He wasn’t sure but he softly called, "Dénor?" He hoped that he was correct and that it wasn’t a random owl. Otherwise he would look quite ridiculous.

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »
Whatever Celeborn had been doing, it sure seemed to frustrate him, something Dénor didn’t see often in Ginger unless a hunt had gone wrong or there was a trader who was being difficult. Oh well, everyone, he supposed, had their own right to frustration every now and then. Even Dénor had his own frustrations when it came to Ginger! Like her disappearing once or twice and then not explaining where she had been or what she had done but coming back smelling of nasty marsh water and a very slight hint of Elf. It had raised his suspicions greatly, but he hadn’t asked anymore questions… simply because he could not have asked them if he had wanted to. No, it was not as simple as that, it had to be complicated, not like he really cared where she went or what she did so long as she came back for him! Who knows what would happen to me if she never came back…[/i] He thought as movement in the window caught his large orange eyes. Forgetting his master completely, he narrowed his eyes as Celeborn came to the open window and poured himself a glass of liquid.

It didn’t take long for Dénor and Celeborn’s eyes to meet, and when they did a spark of recognition came to the Elf Lord’s eyes, and yet a surprised expression remained to be seen. The Elf called out his name and Dénor’s first instinct was reply, naturally, but then he remembered never actually having to speak to the Elven Lord before, and he was curious as to how many months had passed since their first meeting. His eyes widened to their natural state and he moved closer to Celeborn, carefully, as though unsure of how this was all going to go over.

Once at the edge of the branch, he opened his wings and flew to the sill of the window, giving a small chirp as he did so. It was going to be interesting to see how the Elf reacted to his new and improved self… if they ever got that far of course! Looking up, his large orange eyes meeting the crisp blue-gray of the Elf’s, he gave a friendly hoot as was common for his species and blinked. The right time would present itself, all Celeborn had to do was ask the right questions…

out of cookies;
general comments apply... let me know!

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Celeborn had seen many things that many would consider odd in his eight thousand years of existence but he had little idea that that tradition would continue this night. His right thumb rubbed absently at the gold wedding band on his index finger. Rings were the source of his greatest joy and deepest despair. The two rings he had, one on his finger and the other on a chain under his shirt, showed the world, and reminded him, of his love for Galadriel. Yet the ring on his wife's finger, next to her wedding band, was Nenya, his despair. But he loved and would support her in whatever troubles Nenya gave her.

The silver-haired Elf Lord was pretty sure that the owl that he called Dénor was indeed Dénor. It seemed that he could see a spark of recognition in the bird's eyes and then the owl flew over to sill of Celeborn's window. He was greeted with a chirp and then a hoot and Celeborn's lips curled up in greeting and he politely inclined his head. "How are you, my fine feathered friend? Where is Ginger?" His fingers vaguely itched to stroke the bird's feathers again but he knew that the previous chance he got was rare and not likely to happen again.

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
Well if figured that he would be asked about Ginger, after all she was a curiosity in and of herself. It was just too bad that she couldn’t remember that she needed to remember that she was indeed Elvish and not human. One of the fatalities of being raised by men, he supposed. But now came the question of answering or just simply tilting his head one direction as though he were an unintelligent animal incapable of speech, which would be expected of him right? He scoffed inwardly at the idea. No, the Dwarven witch who had given him the power of speech was indeed an ingenious woman, and he had every intention of using his gift. So, Dénor gave Celeborn a thoughtful look and adjusted his feathers. But, before he decided to speak he moved from the windowsill to the desk and looked around. The room was small and decorated to Elven fancies; the light was gentle enough to see by.

Turning to Celeborn, Dénor gave an approving nod. “Ginger does well; she is just a few miles from your boarders.” The stated, as if it was perfectly normal that he talked. “As for my own well being, Lord Celeborn of Lothlórien, I do well despite the irksomeness of Ginger.” He gave a gentle ‘heh heh’ to show he meant no harm by calling her irksome. Celeborn probably had a curious fancy for his master since their last meeting. But as he could see that Celeborn was an Elf, he had probably lived to see many things, “But tell me, how have you been since our last meeting some months ago?” Dénor tilted his head to the right in an inclining, curious way as was natural to his species when a question was either put them or put out by them. “By the by, it is indeed a lovely home you have here.” He complimented, “Do Elves generally live in such small quarters?” It wasn’t the size of the room that bothered Dénor, he had been in Pubs with much less room than this, but he was very curious as to Elves and their living habits, as Ginger didn’t never went any farther than making unnecessary loops to avoid going anywhere close to an Elvish wood.  

out of cookies;
If I didn't give you enough to work with, let me know and we can talk about where we want to go from here.

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
OOC: Its perfectly good, Hades.

IC: Celeborn did not actually expect the owl to speak to him when he asked the questions about Ginger and the bird itself. But despite that, he would not talk down to the owl or assume that it was unintelligent. Celeborn could see the glow of intelligence behind Dénor's eyes. The bird looked around his small but well-furnished study with interest and Celeborn studied the bird. He was a rather magnificent, powerful bird.

But he was in for one the shocks of his life when the bird opened his beak and started to speak. His eyes widened and he opened his mouth several times to speak before he finished the glass of wine he had poured and blinked owlishly. Celeborn stared at Dénor, curious as to how the bird could even speak and why he didn’t when they had first met. The questions directed towards the Elf Lord were met with a slight curling of the lips in amusement. "Not as much as has happened to you apparently. Might I ask when you started to be able to talk and how exactly that happened? Or have you been pretending not to speak to see people's reactions?"

He did glance around his study at Dénor's other question before returning his amazed gaze to the owl. "Not generally. I don't actually sleep in this room but I found a smaller study forces me to keep things organized. My wife would not allow our actual living space to be so small." He allowed an actual smile to come through at the thought of his wife, one that was soft and loving yet slightly amused nonetheless.

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Dénor had expected nothing else. Of course there was no lack of witches in the area, good or bad! At least it hadn’t been a wizard that gave him the ability to speak for those were few and far between, or so Dénor had heard. Besides the Dwarf Witch had been one of the more willing witches which were brave enough and curious enough to actually cast a spell. The look upon Lord Celeborn’s face amused Dénor greatly, and he felt it was a good reward for the last time they had met he had not been able to speak his mind, and even if he could have, the owl could honestly have said that he wouldn’t have. If Dénor could have smiled, he would have, but birds and smiling just didn’t work out and all their emotions came through the tone of their voice and, in his case, his eyes.

Waiting patiently, while Celeborn collected his being and his composure, he continued to stare owl-eyed at the sandy colored owl. He finished his glass of wine, for he was sure that Elves didn’t drink anything else unless they were Ginger who drank just about anything from Port to Wine. “Not as much as has happened to you apparently.” The owl narrowed his eyes amused, “Might I ask when you started to be able to talk and how exactly that happened? Or have you been pretending not to speak to see people's reactions?” Well that would just be cruel of him! Dénor opened his eyes wide in mock shock as though doing such a thing was incomprehensible in every meaning of the word. Celeborn continued, “Not generally. I don't actually sleep in this room but I found a smaller study forces me to keep things organized. My wife would not allow our actual living space to be so small.

Dénor tilted his head to one side. Though he had never been in an Elvish home he had indeed been inside the homes of Men. Some were indeed this small, but homes were never an excuse to live in your shop, which he found rather distasteful as anyone could come and bother you for just about anything in the middle of the night when one was trying to sleep… at least in their case. Dénor tended to sleep during the day and was up usually all night as the sun was too harsh for his eyes at certain hours of the day. The owl pondered how to respond to Celeborn. With an amused hoot he said, “Well I am very grateful to hear that you do not sleep in such a small space. It seems rather uncomfortable in here already! Your wife is wise to prefer a more spacious roost. As to answering any questions of how I came to learning how to speak,” Dénor thought on this carefully, “It was more out of curiosity that my luck chanced upon such a marvelous undertaking!” If Celeborn was going to ask for specifics he would have to, rather rudely, decline in the interest of keeping the one who had done this to him safe.

out of cookies;
o.o;
I am so sorry for how long it took me to reply to this, Becca! *hugs and gives cookies* I do hope the post is alright! This thread totally skipped my mind until I went to update Dénor Thread Tracker... </3 I feel awful!

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »
It was rather interesting to watch the owl's reactions to his comments and questions, with Celeborn snorting at the indignation at being asked if he hid that he could talk on purpose. But the interest that was taken in his study was intriguing and Celeborn allowed his own eyes to look at his study, a place that he had never spent the night in but had fallen asleep in before, if he didn't show to bed Galadriel would come and drag him into bed. His lips formed into a soft, brief smile at his wife while he let his hand trail over the edge of his desk absently.

He outright laughed at the owl's words about his study. "Oh, I have fallen asleep in here before but not before Galadriel came and dragged me into our far more comfortable bed." He shrugged at his wife being wise. "She is most definitely wiser than I, Dénor. Most women are." The owl then gave an intriguing and extremely not specific answer and Celeborn's curiosity was peaked. He raised an eyebrow and asked/prodded, "Oh? And what undertaking was this, exactly?" His eyes glinted with extreme curiosity and determination. He might not be as stubborn as a Noldor such as his wife but he was determined nonetheless.

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
The tale-tale signs of someone in love. The soft smile, the idle hand gestures and the way he seemed to glance about the room. Love was such a fickle thing unless it attached itself to you like a leech or a tick. Both of which were annoying and he was glad there was no one like that in Ginger’s life. He couldn’t bare going back and forth or having another male travel with them… Dénor had devotion problems, and if his master ever did have someone tag along because she was ‘in love’ he would do whatever it takes it to dissuade the interested party, it was only logical.

At his comments of the study, Celeborn laughed aloud and Dénor wasn’t quite sure if he should be offended or pleased that he made the Elf Lord laugh. So, instead he gazed on as though unaffected by this, but really he was conflicted. “Oh, I have fallen asleep in here before but not before Galadriel came and dragged me into our far more comfortable bed.” How interesting, no really! Their lives were completely different, his was filled with dedication, he had a stable home and a people to rule over wisely. Dénor was a free roamer, like Ginger, “She is most definitely wiser than I, Dénor. Most women are.” The owl couldn’t help but chuckle at this statement and he let Celeborn continue, “Oh? And what undertaking was this, exactly?” Oh, now he was getting to the tricky part of this conversation, and there was no way Dénor could avoid it without it being completely obvious. How annoying!

Dénor was silent for a moment, his mind working on how he could answer this question first hand before going to comment on the other things at hand. “An undertaking that I have already said I would not like to discuss it at the current time, but perhaps some other time when it is more convenient.” Okay, so it hadn’t been rude, but it was indeed rude to not answer the question outright. BUT it was a matter of safety and he didn’t want Celeborn hunting down the witch who had given him the ability to speak. Such things were never a good idea. It was also difficult to miss the gleam of determination in Celeborn’s eyes which meant that the topic was far from closed… “I must agree, though it is only most women who are wise. I cannot speak from experience as you seem to be able too.” He continued respectfully.

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:00 AM »
For Celeborn, love was like a blanket: something comforting, warm, and soft. Oh, there were times when his love for Galadriel could be a bit rough and they argued and butted heads, they were both too stubborn and proud to not do so, but they always made up and they were sorry. No, Celeborn did not regret falling in love with Galadriel nor would he want to change anything about their relationship or love. Their bond, he was pretty sure, was unbreakable and he usually embraced their open sharing of thoughts and feelings.

The owl seemed to not want to speak about what happened to him and Celeborn raised his eyebrow at him. "Hmm, I do not believe you said anything about not discussing it with me." His eyebrow rose further as he waited for Dénor to answer his inquiry. He gave a snort at him having more experience. "My wife calls me Celeborn the Wise but I often feel like she is always one step ahead of me." He was surprised by Dénor not having experience though. "You do not have a mate?" Though if he spent most of his time with Ginger than perhaps he had not found one, since he doubted that Galadriel would be pleased if he went galloping around with another female.

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Oh of all the annoying creatures in the world that Dénor had ever tried to put up with it was Elves! He could see why Dwarves didn’t like them very much, Ginger was bad enough when it came to prying into his personal matters. It seemed as though that since he could talk she had every right to know what was going on his mind! And now this Elf, too, was trying to pry into his personal business. The owl gave Celeborn a blank expression for a moment before blinking and looking around the room, narrowing his eyes into a glare. The harshness of the light was just beginning to set and the amount of light that he was taking in was growing to be nearly as blinding as the sun. The blue lights everywhere seemed to be popular among these tree dwellers! It was annoying. Darkness would be a joy and the glow of the moon would very welcome once he got out of Lothlorien and back to Ginger. Hopefully she hadn’t been eaten by Wargs or attacked by Orcs passing through that bit of the country by now. Tough for her, she could handle herself. He wouldn’t have left her if she couldn’t.

That seemed to be a typical of her, though, always disappearing off somewhere without him and leaving him to wonder what had happened to her. Well it was her turn now, and there was no better way to spend it than among those she simply detested. Never once would she think to step foot in to the sparkling wood to try and find him. If anything she would go around the wood and make her way towards Moria and hope that her companion was alright. Silly she-elf! With all the trouble she got into, Moria was definitely on the list of ‘to-not-enter’. But, she still insisted on going near Moria for the fun of it, there seemed to a thrill that she got from going near dangerous things… hopefully she hadn’t gotten it into her head to go near dangerous people as well!

Then we can discuss it later.” Dénor said, the unmistakable tone of annoyance rang in his voice. He sighed and listened to what else Lord Celeborn had to say. “You do not have a mate?” Well of course he did not have a mate! If he had stayed home in Rohan he might have. His breeder might have tried to breed him with another of his species if Ginger hadn’t taken him away, or if he had never met Ginger at all! In that light, his life was very exciting compared to a life that was a dull existence. “I have found that I need no such satisfaction. Ginger is all I need and even being with her can get tiresome.” He admitted, clicking his beak. “But I am bored of this conversation. Why don’t we try something else for a change, hm?” The owl turned and flew to the door, landing on the handle and using his weight, he heard it click and then pulled back to open it. “Show me around the woods you rule. Knowing Ginger I shall never have another chance to do so!” He demanded without trying to be demanding, landing himself on Celeborn’s shoulder – a detestable thing, but better than flying around everywhere.  

o o c |
If anything is wrong with this, let me know and I'll fix whatever it is! Hope you enjoy!

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »
Celeborn held in a laugh at the fact that he seemed to be annoying the bird by his poking his nose into his business. He could understand why Mithrandir did it so much. Of course, just because Celeborn had no qualms about doing it did not mean that he would stop teasing Gandalf about doing the same exact thing. Granted, he had never done so in front of the Wazard. He wasn’t that tactless. But he did give the slightest smirk at the bird's glare.

His smirk turned into a rather triumphant grin as Dénor said that they would discuss it later. "I shall hold you to that, my fine feathered friend." He of course ignored the obvious annoyance in his tone. He did so to Galadriel and so had plenty of practice. He hummed when  Dénor said that he needed no such satisfaction and the Ginger provided all the companionship that he needed, though he did laugh at being with her could be tiresome. "You do not know what you are missing. I could not imagine life without my wife." And he really did not want to try to.

He raised his eyebrow at hearing the bird was tired of the conversation and that he wanted to do something else. "Very well." He was about to ask what when Dénor flew over and landed on his shoulder, all but demanding that Celeborn show him the realm. His eyebrow went up further and yet he figured that it would be a good idea to agree when he had a big, sharp beak right by his face. He gave a nodded and started out of the room. "Is there anywhere in particular you wish to see?"

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:00 AM »
Everything the Elf did annoyed Dénor. The fact that he was holding back a laugh when it only offended him more than it would have if Lord Celeborn had just laughed right there and gotten it over with. Never the mind, though, he was going to get what he wanted even if he had use brute force. There was nothing sinister about the owl; he just had a way of getting things that he wanted from people who could afford to give it to him! Not that he used it, if people started getting word about that there was an owl that spoke and that he would do almost anything to get what he wanted, then things might not go so well for him! But, if there was one thing he hated most, or at least extremely disliked, it was people poking about in his business where their very noses were in danger of being taken from them… and possibly more. When Dénor glared at Celeborn, the Elf Lord smirked and the owl’s glare only intensified…

Upon the notion that he would be held to a promise he had no intention of keeping, although it wasn’t really anything that mattered… the witch that had given him the ability was far out of his the Elf Lord’s reach, but he didn’t want to bring harm to her, she was a Dwarf after all, and the relationship between the Elves and Dwarves was a mighty tricky one… something Dénor had no intention of getting himself into. Their feud was their own and none of his business! Though, various Dwarves had every intention of trying to drag his mistress into a fight she seemed to know nothing about… there was lots that she didn’t seem to know about when it came to Elves, and herself. It left the owl quite puzzled that she would detest her own race and decide to- “You do not know what you are missing. I could not imagine life without my wife.” Oh he didn’t did he? Well that response was going to have to wait for an answer that could dignify it. But then, there seemed to be little that wouldn’t make Celeborn give a cocky answer or an amused feeling, it seemed.

After Dénor had opened the door, he had landed on Celeborn’s shoulder demanding to be shown the woods. There wasn’t anywhere particular that the owl wanted to be shown, but should he ever have to return, which after this meeting he had almost every intention of forcing Ginger over the border to try and catch up on the latest of her kin, he figured it would be a good idea to try and see what sort of this was. There was no doubt in his mind that it was safe from the Evil he had heard springing up out of the woods of Mirkwood from the folk in Lake Town. Orange eyes staring in Celeborn’s blue ones he made a gesture to suggest a shrug, “Everywhere! Though I have every confidence that when you return to your study, there will be much more for you to do!” The comment was made with an air of carelessness. “As to your comment about my master,” He started as they walked the halls and he gazed around at the brightness that suggested that it was dark out, but kept the darkness away, “I am not missing anything. She is a spoiled Elf who seems to find friends in the most unlikely of places…” This, of course, he was referring to that mysterious being that Ginger refused to tell him about, and of course of some of the people dealt with in and out of Rohan and Gondor.

They passed a very ornately decorated door that caught Dénor’s attention. Like he did with Ginger, he squeezed Celeborn’s shoulder to indicate that he wanted him to stop and asked, “What’s behind that door?” The owl stood up straight and looked in the direction of the door as they passed it and waited to see if the Elf Lord would say something that… would only make Dénor want to know what was in it. Like a child was being told they couldn’t have the cookie on the top shelf, so the child must now find a way to attain the object of their desire!

Celeborn

• Elves
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 02:19:00 AM »
Celeborn could tell his thinly-veiled amusement was getting on Dénor's nerves and yet that only increased his amusement. He certainly had the knack of getting on people's nerves, with his wife's nerves the most common. But he knew that she enjoyed it despite anything that she might say otherwise. Of course, Galadriel was special in terms of how much he could get away with. And he wasn’t sure how much more he wanted to push an owl with a very large beak.

It was odd to have a bird make almost human-like gestures, like the motion that Celeborn took to be the same as a shrug and grinned at being told that the bird wanted to be shown everywhere. "Everywhere in my realm might take some time, Dénor." Not that he wouldn’t mind showing anyone his beloved woods. He gave the owl an intrigued eyebrow rise. "Is she indeed?" That was rather interesting but not something to pursue at the time, if ever. Celeborn might be highly nosey and slightly intrusive, but even he had an limit, though usually it was his wife that kept him from going too far. She tended to ground him.

His thoughts on his wife were interrupted by Dénor's question about a door that he was about to pass. He started slightly before he answered the question. "These are the chambers I share him my wife." He raised an eyebrow slightly. "I assume you want to see in the rooms to see how my Lady and I live?" He was amused but more in the way of dealing with an overeager child and would be highly patient with Dénor.

Dénor

• Creatures
  • Wanderers
    • View Profile
Twice as Charming
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 05:10:00 AM »
It was obvious that the beauty of Lothlórien was not to be missed, unlike its cousin Mirkwood – once called the Greenwood – it was beautiful and untouched by whatever evil was beginning to inhabit the wood that protected Lake Town from the rest of the world around it. The owl had been around Mirkwood several times, though he and his master had never bothered to venture within too often unless they were with new friends or they had no other choice. Dénor knew beauty when he saw it, and it was defiantly here in Lothlórien. There were several smells that were very foreign, yet some were very familiar. “Everywhere in my realm might take some time, Dénor.” But it would not have been a burdensome or annoying waste of time, “Is she indeed?” This was his only response to his comments about Ginger. Time was passing slowly for him, but for her she would be awake soon and it would have felt like nothing at all.

When he asked about the room behind the closed doors, Celeborn answered honestly, “These are the chambers I share him my wife. I assume you want to see in the rooms to see how my Lady and I live?” It was a difficult choice between snooping and finding out every small detail of Celeborn’s life behind those doors, or keeping his beak out of personal business. And although Dénor made it his business to get into other’s this somehow felt wrong. He hardly knew Celeborn, but the Elf had remembered their last encounter and quite frankly so did the owl but they had already covered that. He thought for a few short minutes about what he wanted to do. They would, of course, get to see the rest of Lothlórien before he had to go and end their charming meeting.

After a whole of silence, and looking at the door intrigued by what was on the other side, Dénor blinked slowly thinking about his answer. Then, quite suddenly, his eyes narrowed to slits and his pupils slid to look at Celeborn. A sly half smile appeared on his face – at least it looked that way – and he started to speak again, his voice carrying a little less than bored tone, “Oh I think we can find something much more,” He paused for thoughtful dramatic effect, “Fun to look into.” He smirked at Celeborn before turning his attention back to the beauty that was Lothlórien. “And by ‘fun’ I mean just that. There has to be something more. . . interesting around here somewhere.” The Owl didn’t really know what he was looking for, he just knew he was looking for it, and would what it was when he saw it. There was hardly anything that would interest the Owl, but there was no point in wasting a night in Lothlórien if he wasn’t going to have some kind of fun, right? Even if it meant going everywhere in the realm to find it, surely Celeborn didn’t have anything better to do! Well, unless you wanted to count the time he spent with his wife, which must have been important at least sometimes.

Come, let’s move on. . .” He said after a short moment of silence, digging his claws into Celeborn’s should as an indication that he meant what he had said. There was no telling if the Elf Lord’s shoulder would come out of this in one piece. Which amused Dénor greatly, and probably more than it should have.
    [ooc; So, so so so - sorry for the lateness of this reply! Denor decided he didn't want to respond to much of anything, and then I caught the flu... or something like it, but here at long last is his reply! I hope it is worth the wait! <3 and now Denor needs to meet Elrond... >:D The more he can 'terrorize' the better he'll feel I think. XD Not that he's doing a very good job at Terrorizing Celeborn, which Denor chooses to ignore the fact that Celeborn seems to enjoying himself.][/li][/list]

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
    • Nauroval: Open thread for assistance from any in Rohan/Near Fangorn! Removing an arrow from the wing of a Great Eagle and getting to possibly speak to her and meet Shadowfax due to it! :smile: [link]
      May 22, 2020, 12:08:54 AM
    • Nienna: Open thread for LotR time line, for Sahib: [link]
      May 20, 2020, 02:44:11 AM
    • Nienna: Oh la la, a post! [link]
      May 20, 2020, 02:38:53 AM
    • Sauron: Reply for Saruman [link]
      May 12, 2020, 09:02:52 AM
    • Estel/Aragorn: Starter for Trenardir [link]
      May 09, 2020, 07:46:26 AM
    • Estel/Aragorn: Starter for Elrond [link]
      May 09, 2020, 05:04:57 AM
    • Bard: Don't feel disheartened. The thread is open to anyone, including Bain. I've also made a slight change to the last paragraph. I hope it helps you in joining the thread.
      May 06, 2020, 08:34:45 AM
    • Nienna: Oh! Was about to toss Bain at Pappa, but after reading the last paragraph... hmmm...
      May 06, 2020, 03:32:31 AM
    • Bard: Open thread at Laketown for anyone with a reason to be there during a cold winter night
      May 01, 2020, 01:40:22 AM
    • Saruman: Starter for Sauron [[link]]
      April 30, 2020, 06:27:20 AM
    • Gandalf: Open thread at the Shire for any and all Hobbits
      April 29, 2020, 09:20:22 PM
    • Faramir: Reply for Éomer! [link]
      April 23, 2020, 03:40:13 PM
    • Faramir: Starter for Boromir! [link]
      April 22, 2020, 12:47:38 PM
    • Nienna: [link] open thread!
      January 14, 2020, 04:33:41 AM
    • Nienna: [link] @Ihsan @Reis